Listening Post: Weekly Music Recommendations
But ‘Really Doe’, the new Danny Brown song with Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul and Earl Sweatshirt is pretty damn good. Good enough to be our top […]
Our most fabulous prize package goes to Hanni El Khatib again this week. His 4 EP plan for his Savage Times releases has worked perfectly […]
A Tribe Called Red’s blend of club music, hip hop, and indigenous North American music featuring the talents of Yasiin Bey, Narcy, and Black Bear, […]
- Carsie Blanton “Vim and Vigor” September 21, 2016This episode I’m shining our lights on New Orleans own, Carsie Blanton Blanton is set to throw a brick through the Man’s corner office with her empowered feminist lyrics. Her ...
- Small Planet Radio – Anywhere September 19, 2016I will admit that I am often nervous when a friend or colleague releases music. It’s awkward. Finding ways to tell someone I don’t want to feature their sub-par music ...
- Melissa Goodwin Shepherd “Be Still” September 16, 2016Melissa Goodwin Shepherd is a stop motion animator (on such projects as Robot Chicken) She’s a voice over artist (see again Robot Chicken but also films like Zootopia). And only ...
The Great Albums Podcast
- The Velvet Underground & Nico (w/ guest Mike Noordzy) January 15, 2018Multi-instrumentalist Mike Noordzy of psychedelic afro-cuban surf jazz band El Noordzo (nachtrecords.com) joins Bill and Brian to discuss the eponymous album The Velvet Underground and Nico (1967, Verve). Mike talks about falling in love with a Velvets' best of he found at a random used record shop, before we get into talking about Nico's contributions […]
- Liner Notes - Mail Bag January 11, 2018Welcome to the first ever Liner Notes edition of the Great Albums podcast, a semi-monthly version of the show where Bill and Brian get to relax a little, read some listener emails, make corrections, and possibly chat about some new topics. In this episode we read some listener emails about loving Boston as a kid, […]
Listening Party Podcast
- 242 – Dee Moo Woor by Orchestra Baobab January 16, 2018On this week’s episode, writer, lawyer, cartoonist and fellow podcaster Winston Conrad shares a song by Senegalese band Orchestra Baobab. He shares stories about his years in Senegal, connections between West Africa and Latin America, learning Wolof, the role of music, baobab trees, historical tribal beefs, and we have a little shout out fun. Show […]
- 241 – Tennessee Whiskey by Various Artists January 9, 2018This week Rod and Denise discuss multiple versions of the country hit, Tennessee Whiskey, from the original recording by David Allan Coe in 1981 to the live performance by Chris Stapleton featuring Justin Timberlake at the 2015 CMA Awards. Also on this episode: Denise requests theme song feedback, our Daily Brew origin story, random finds […]