Listening Post: Weekly Music Recommendations
But ‘Really Doe’, the new Danny Brown song with Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul and Earl Sweatshirt is pretty damn good. Good enough to be our top […]
Our most fabulous prize package goes to Hanni El Khatib again this week. His 4 EP plan for his Savage Times releases has worked perfectly […]
A Tribe Called Red’s blend of club music, hip hop, and indigenous North American music featuring the talents of Yasiin Bey, Narcy, and Black Bear, […]
- Carsie Blanton “Vim and Vigor” September 21, 2016This episode I’m shining our lights on New Orleans own, Carsie Blanton Blanton is set to throw a brick through the Man’s corner office with her empowered feminist lyrics. Her ...
- Small Planet Radio – Anywhere September 19, 2016I will admit that I am often nervous when a friend or colleague releases music. It’s awkward. Finding ways to tell someone I don’t want to feature their sub-par music ...
- Melissa Goodwin Shepherd “Be Still” September 16, 2016Melissa Goodwin Shepherd is a stop motion animator (on such projects as Robot Chicken) She’s a voice over artist (see again Robot Chicken but also films like Zootopia). And only ...
The Great Albums Podcast
- Bonus Song Thursday - Tony Bennett and Amy Winehouse "Body and Soul" October 20, 2016It's Bonus Song Thursday! With Brian jet setting about the globe (aka taking a long weekend trip to Chicago), Bill tackles some more Amy Winehouse by taking a listener suggestion and talking about her duet with Tony Bennett, "Body and Soul" from his 2011 album Duets II. Bill talks about the scene in Amy documentary […]
- Amy Winehouse - Back to Black (w/ guests David Hillier and Chris Barrett) October 17, 2016Bill and Brian welcome future podcasters (Indie Heroes, available soon) David Hillier (also a journalist) and Chris Barrett (who works in the West End) to the podcast to talk about Amy Winehouse's Back to Black (2006, Island). British singer songwriter Amy Winehouse was immediately noticed by the public, as much for her music and voice […]
Listening Party Podcast
- 211 – Running Scared October 18, 2016Jenn A and Nikki stop by the studio today to share some scared songs. Tracks include: Scary Dreams by Black Sabbath, Suspiria Theme by Goblin, Stevie Nix by The Hold Steady (MediaLoper article), Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson, Better Than Love by Griffin House, Midnight In Montgomery by Alan Jackson, Shook Ones by Mobb Deep, […]
- 210 – Fish Out Of Water October 4, 2016We're joined this week by Christopher of the Sounds Like An Earful studio (formerly the podcast) to share some fish tunes. Tracks include: Pacifico by Ugly Casanova, The Taco Song by ColonBlow, Whales by Hail Mary Mallon (music video), Down By The Water by PJ Harvey, Where Is My Mind by Pixies, Beast In Air, […]