Listening Post: Weekly Music Recommendations
But ‘Really Doe’, the new Danny Brown song with Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul and Earl Sweatshirt is pretty damn good. Good enough to be our top […]
Our most fabulous prize package goes to Hanni El Khatib again this week. His 4 EP plan for his Savage Times releases has worked perfectly […]
A Tribe Called Red’s blend of club music, hip hop, and indigenous North American music featuring the talents of Yasiin Bey, Narcy, and Black Bear, […]
- Carsie Blanton “Vim and Vigor” September 21, 2016This episode I’m shining our lights on New Orleans own, Carsie Blanton Blanton is set to throw a brick through the Man’s corner office with her empowered feminist lyrics. Her ...
- Small Planet Radio – Anywhere September 19, 2016I will admit that I am often nervous when a friend or colleague releases music. It’s awkward. Finding ways to tell someone I don’t want to feature their sub-par music ...
- Melissa Goodwin Shepherd “Be Still” September 16, 2016Melissa Goodwin Shepherd is a stop motion animator (on such projects as Robot Chicken) She’s a voice over artist (see again Robot Chicken but also films like Zootopia). And only ...
The Great Albums Podcast
- Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique (w/ guest Dan LeRoy) February 20, 2017Dan LeRoy, the man who literally wrote the book on Paul's Boutique (both the 33 1/3 entry and a follow up For Whom the Cowbell Tolls), joins Bill and Brian to talk about the Beastie Boys and their 1989 sophomore album. Dan talks about discovering the band as an early adopter of rap and then […]
- Bonus Song Thursday - Sleater-Kinney "A New Wave" (plus more Kanye West) February 16, 2017It's Bonus Song Thursday! Bill and Brian follow up Sleater-Kinney with some more Sleater-Kinney, by talking about "A New Wave" off 2015's No Cities to Love. We talk about how the band didn't miss a beat in its 10 year hiatus and a bunch about how cool Bob's Burgers is. Then we delve into a […]
Listening Party Podcast
- 219 – In Concert February 21, 2017We’re joined this week by Jason of From A Basement in Tulsa for some songs by an artist you’ve seen live. Tracks include: Shoreline by Daes Vail, Devil Without A Cause by Kid Rock, Evenflow by Pearl Jam, Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac, Bad by U2, Nessun Dorma by Chris Botti, Slow Motion by PHOX, Good […]
- 218 – Speak To Me February 7, 2017We’re joined this week by Patrick of Almost Educational and Make Dad Read Comics and his fiancée Melanie. The theme is songs with the word speak, tracks include: Don’t Speak by No Doubt, Know Your Rights by The Clash, Speakers by Sam Hunt, Hip Hop by Mos Def, Lightning Strikes (Not Once But Twice) by The […]